Last updated: October 13th, 2022
When you visit our website or use a Server Browser game mod, we collect some data. This policy explains what data we collect, and how we use it.
Data we collect
This is an overview of the data we may collect, depending on your use of the service:
If you visit the bssb.app website or use the game modification to access its services:
- Basic log information: your IP address, user agent, and which requests are sent to our server
- Optional authentication: if you log in via Steam, we'll collect your Steam User ID and Username
If you install the game modification, the following information may be collected and sent to our servers:
- Version information about the game and any game modifications you have installed
- The platform you are playing on (like Steam or Oculus) and your User ID for that service
- Who your friends are on your platform (for social features)
If you install the game modification and choose to share (announce) a lobby, the following information may be collected and sent to our servers:
- Lobby information, such as which level you are playing, the players in your lobby, and level results
- Connection metadata, such as the servers you play on and the codes, keys and context needed to connect to it
We may also collect data on you when you play in public games shared to the Server Browser by other players, even if you don't have the game modification installed yourself.
👉 We only collect lobby data if it is shared to the Server Browser. The lobby host or party leader controls this setting, and may choose to opt out at any time.
How we use your data
Your data is only used to facilitate the server browser's functionality, specifically:
- To provide you and other users with the Server Browser service, on the website and through the mods
- To display lobby details, player profiles, gameplay results, and general statistics
- To perform basic, generalised analysis on how users interact with our service, so we can monitor and improve it
Additionally, there may be exceptional circumstances that require the use of your data, such as:
- To protect our services from attacks or other security threats
- To comply with legal obligations, where required by law or if we are compelled to do so by a court order or regulatory body
👉 We do not perform any marketing or advertising, nor send any emails.
Changes to this policy